Friday, August 20, 2010

Correction to my search for a new social network

In my previous post, I had discussed problems that I had ran into with grou.ps.  Well, in my continued exploration of the site, it turns out that I was wrong.  I learned that I could actually set users' profile pages so that they cannot add additional blocks to the page (thus eliminating student's ability to browse and add Google Gadgets).  On one hand, this remedies the problem with having users add inappropriate material...on the other, it limits users' ability to modify their page to include tools that will bring information to them, a feature that is present on wall.fm.